DSA News Briefs
Knowledge Center For Army's Program Executive Office Command Control and Communication Systems
The Army's Program Executive Office Command Control and Communication Systems Tactical Community (PEO C3T) provides the latest information technologies to the PEO Acquision community, the PEO business community and the warfighter.
The PEO C3T needed a collaboration and knowledge management tool to bring together an organization of 12,000 personnel dispersed over more than 100 locations.
The PEO C3T Knowledge Center directed by the Army Chief of Staff to be one of 3 pilot knowledge management projects.
Single access point to sensitive but unclassified information and other associated sites. Includes tacit and explicit information.
Users have access on a "need-to-know" basis, which means that information posted on the Knowledge Center (KC) is secured down to the individual user level. Users include employees, contractors, and outside vendors of PEO C3T and Government Program Managers.
To unite the community, the KC offers users:
• 24X7 secure document and message exchange and access to 'need-to-know' information stored in 600 applications and databases
Collaboration/Real Time Communications
• Access to Subject Matter Experts and consolidated repositories of lessons learned for knowledge sharing
• Tools for chat, white boarding, and the ability to conduct virtual meetings 24X7
• Automated business processes and scheduling Project
• Action scheduling and tracking
• Global capture, creation, classification and sharing of tacit and
explicit information, data and processes.
• The KC has had a ripple effect, producing subset KCs through partnerships for 6 other Army organizations.
- Leverages investments in databases, applications, and technologies
- Users have grown to more than 12,000 with potential for additional
• Centralized source of documents
• Site hits have grown from 16,500 per month in October 1998 to more than 1 Million per month today
• Winner of the 2000 Government Technology Leadership Award for Enterprise Relationship Management
• Winner of the 2002 IBM/Lotus Domino Achiever Award
• Finalist 2002 Excellence eGov Award