Task Area 8 - Custom Application Development
The contractor shall assist the government in the design, development, documentation and testing of custom applications and their infrastructures, including, but not limited to, the items listed below. Standard/common/migration application development will generally occur through modification of one or several legacy applications, and/or will be built primarily by use of COTS or Main Line Commercial Products (MLCP) and services.
Application Development Provide services for custom application design, development and enhancements and the preparation of detailed systems designs. Detailed systems design include, but are not limited to, detailed data and process models, program specifications, interface specifications/documentation, screen and report designs, prototypes, testing, program control specifications, structure charts, module definitions, compile or build units, data usage definitions, networking or teleprocessing considerations, and hardware and network architecture, as well as lifecycle management and certification (e.g. DITSCAP, etc.). The contractor shall:
- Define and use an integrated Computer Assisted Software Engineering (CASE) technology environment
- Establish detailed systems architecture
- Design database and file structures
- Finalize input and output designs
- Define special design considerations
- Define program design specifications
- Finalize test, conversion and implementation plans
- Simultaneous documentation of development for certification process.
Technical Support Provide technical support in areas that supplement design stage activities, including information and design reports on specialized software (i.e., languages, Database Management Software (DBMS), client-server applications, etc.); analysis and evaluation of existing Government and COTS packages; review and evaluation of management, planning, security, audit and other products; attendance at design sessions; and evaluation and modification of previously prepared design stage documents.
Documentation Preparation and Control Provide documentation and control measures to ensure that all systems are properly documented in accordance with approved Federal and DoD standards. The contractor shall ensure that the inventory of system documentation and use is correct and up-to-date, including identification of missing, outdated or invalid documentation. The contractor shall conduct and/or attend walk-throughs and meetings where contractor-developed documentation is discussed. Provide, at a minimum, responses to issues and questions, modifications to all or part of the documentation, responses to management concerns, and any additional or supporting information where required.
Support Standard/common/migration application development will generally occur through modification of one or several legacy applications and/or will be built primarily by use of COTS or MLCP and services. There is still a need for detailed systems designs, technical support to supplement the design stage activities, and documentation of systems in accordance with approved Federal and DoD standards, and the control of that documentation.
Advanced Application and Software Development The contractor shall provide support of advanced software and application development in support of GIG defense. This effort will include the necessary research, design, documenting, prototyping, operationalizing, and deployment of tools and analytical capabilities for network management and defense of the GIG.
- Introduction to Encore II Task Areas
- Task Area 1 - Enterprise IT Policy and Planning
- Task Area 2 - Integrated Solutions Management
- Task Area 3 - Performance Benchmarking
- Task Area 4 - Business Process Reengineering (BPR)
- Task Area 5 - Requirements Analysis
- Task Area 6 - Market Research and Prototyping
- Task Area 7 - Information and Knowledge Engineering
- Task Area 8 - Custom Application Development
- Task Area 9 - Product Integration
- Task Area 10 - Test and Evaluation (T&E)
- Task Area 11 - Asset Management
- Task Area 12 - Communications Engineering
- Task Area 13 - Security Engineering C&A
- Task Area 14 - Telecommunications Support
- Task Area 15 - Computer-Telephony Integration (CTI)
- Task Area 16 - Web Services
- Task Area 17 - Operations Support
- Task Area 18 - Hardware
- Task Area 19 - Software
- Task Area 20 - Managed Services