Task Area 6 - Market Research and Prototyping
Market Conditions Under this task area, the contractor shall assist the government in researching current market conditions and provide solutions to prevent premature systems obsolescence. The contractor will operate and maintain prototype applications and databases to determine optimal cross-functional solutions for integration concepts and problems integral to the integration process.
Prototype Support The contractor shall assist the government in providing definition, development, tailoring, installation, testing, evaluation, operation, and training of prototype systems and services. This support can cover the entire life-cycle of a prototype from initial knowledge engineering and user requirements identification through prototype evolution to provide an operational product that supports evolving mission requirements. This support for prototyping may include use of research to develop new applications, tools, techniques, systems and processes to support the integrity and defense of the GIG.
Support Leveraging the best commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions, open systems and web services, that are National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) approved, requires diligent market research and prototyping. In addition, the strategy to provide plug and play services requires the operation and maintenance of prototype applications and databases to determine optimal cross-functional solutions for integration concepts and problems integral to the integration process.
Technical Conference Support The contractor shall support regular vendor meetings and industry technology presentations. The contractor shall assist with developing, setting up, and managing technical conferences. The contractor shall participate in research and development efforts and assist in outreach programs to academia, industry and other government entities.
- Introduction to Encore II Task Areas
- Task Area 1 - Enterprise IT Policy and Planning
- Task Area 2 - Integrated Solutions Management
- Task Area 3 - Performance Benchmarking
- Task Area 4 - Business Process Reengineering (BPR)
- Task Area 5 - Requirements Analysis
- Task Area 6 - Market Research and Prototyping
- Task Area 7 - Information and Knowledge Engineering
- Task Area 8 - Custom Application Development
- Task Area 9 - Product Integration
- Task Area 10 - Test and Evaluation (T&E)
- Task Area 11 - Asset Management
- Task Area 12 - Communications Engineering
- Task Area 13 - Security Engineering C&A
- Task Area 14 - Telecommunications Support
- Task Area 15 - Computer-Telephony Integration (CTI)
- Task Area 16 - Web Services
- Task Area 17 - Operations Support
- Task Area 18 - Hardware
- Task Area 19 - Software
- Task Area 20 - Managed Services